Monday, July 27, 2026

Donald Trump Gives Major Update on Iran Talks Amid Drone Attack

Donald Trump Gives Major Update on Iran Talks Amid Drone Attack
Photo Credit: NurPhoto / Getty Images

Donald Trump just dropped a major update on Iran, and it’s not what anyone expected.
The president shared his latest stance on negotiations with Tehran. This comes amid escalating tensions across the Gulf region.

Donald Trump says US and Tehran are having ‘good talks’

President Donald Trump stated the United States and Iran are “having good talks” regarding their ongoing conflict, as reported by Reuters. He expressed optimism, saying there is “a good chance that something could happen” between the two nations. However, he cautioned that American military strikes would restart if diplomacy fails to deliver outcomes.

The White House abruptly halted a two-week aerial bombing campaign against Iran on Saturday. The operation had spanned 13 straight nights of escalating strikes targeting southern Iranian infrastructure. U.S. military leaders reportedly told Trump they had exhausted the list of meaningful targets.

Speaking at a campaign event in Michigan later on Monday, Trump adopted a firmer stance. “You can’t bribe them. You’ve got to beat them, and we’ll beat the hell out of them,” he declared. He also noted that “very friendly negotiations” were actively underway between both countries.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei acknowledged that indirect communication has continued through mediators. Still, he rejected claims that Tehran had sought out the negotiations, calling such reports “fabricated.” Separately, a senior Iranian official confirmed Iran would pause its own attacks during Trump’s ceasefire.

Despite the diplomatic signals, Iran’s regional proxies launched strikes on Monday across the Gulf. Saudi Arabia intercepted drones targeting petroleum infrastructure, including sites near the capital Riyadh. Yemen’s Houthi movement also claimed responsibility for striking a key Saudi oil pipeline.

Global oil markets reacted sharply to the ceasefire and Trump’s remarks about ongoing diplomacy. U.S. crude dropped 8.21% to $81.98 per barrel during Monday’s trading session. Brent crude similarly fell 9.31% to $87.77 per barrel on the same day.

Meanwhile, a Reuters/Ipsos weekend poll placed Trump’s approval rating at 37%, up three points. Just one in three Americans expressed support for the military campaign against Iran.

Originally reported by Vritti Johar on Mandatory.

The post Donald Trump Gives Major Update on Iran Talks Amid Drone Attack appeared first on Reality Tea.



from Reality Tea https://www.realitytea.com/2026/07/27/donald-trump-iran-talks-us-drone-attack-halt-bombing/

Netanyahu Accuses NYC Mayor Zohran Mamdani of ‘Fomenting Hate’

Netanyahu Accuses NYC Mayor Zohran Mamdani of ‘Fomenting Hate’
Photo Credit: ilia YEFIMOVICH / AFP via Getty Images

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has accused New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani of “fomenting hate.” This was after Mamdani urged federal authorities to enforce an International Criminal Court warrant against Netanyahu. The exchange happened before a potential diplomatic flashpoint when world leaders gather in New York this September.

Netanyahu responded after Zohran Mamdani called for federal enforcement of the ICC warrant

The dispute started after Mamdani declared last week that Netanyahu would not be welcome in New York City. He described Netanyahu as a war criminal who should face arrest should he attend the United Nations General Assembly. While acknowledging that the city lacks independent authority to execute an ICC warrant, Mamdani pressed the federal government to act. “I want to be equally clear, Benjamin Netanyahu is not welcome in New York City, nor is any other war criminal at large,” the mayor said, without singling out any religious or ethnic group.

Netanyahu, on Fox News Channel’s Sunday Morning Futures, rejected that framing entirely. “He’s supposed to be the mayor of all New Yorkers — Jews, Christians, Muslims, everyone,” he said. “But he’s trying to turn one group against the other,” Netanyahu added. He confirmed his intention to travel to New York in September regardless of the mayor’s stance.

The Israeli prime minister dismissed the ICC’s war crimes charges as “bogus,” pointing to sexual misconduct allegations against the court’s chief prosecutor, who was removed from that position on Friday. Netanyahu argued the warrant represented an effort to divert attention from that scandal. President Donald Trump had also weighed in with a Truth Social post assuring Netanyahu he “will not be arrested, in any way, shape, or form, while in the United States of America.”

Israel remains entrenched in a multifront conflict. The country joined US-led strikes against Iran on February 28 and later launched ground operations in southern Lebanon after Hezbollah attacks.

Originally reported by Devanshi Basu for Mandatory.

The post Netanyahu Accuses NYC Mayor Zohran Mamdani of ‘Fomenting Hate’ appeared first on Reality Tea.



from Reality Tea https://www.realitytea.com/2026/07/27/nyc-zohran-mamdani-netanyahu-icc-warrant-response/